Monday, August 27, 2007

Sports Widow


Every year about this time a change comes over the man of my house. My husband is transformed into a football-crazed sports maniac who lives for Sunday afternoons, Monday nights, and now (thank you NFL), Thursday nights. Ok maybe "crazed" is exaggerating a little, but he's definitely more than just the average fan. He's an AWESOME father and husband, but at 1:00 on Sunday afternoons the jersey goes on and he enters "ESPN zone" and I don't mean the restaurant. He's not the only one. He has a large group of friends that are just as wild about football as he is. They get together often to watch a game or call each other to talk smack about the other guys team. It's really funny to watch. For example, let's say the almighty Chargers are playing and the quarterback makes a mistake or someone fumbles the ball; the phone rings and Jeff calls to pour a little salt in the wound. You can be sure that when the Falcons are playing, Josh will be sure to call out their screw-ups. Their so cute they even have a fantasy league where they give away this trophy and a pot of money. Josh was the winner last year so now I get to look at this lovely thing until a new winner is crowned. My man swears he's the best though and this friggin' thing will be in our house for yet another year. I know the perfect place for it......the garage. hahahah. Just kidding were only a few more weeks away from finishing the man-lair in the basement. My husband is soo excited to have a place to recline back and watch his team on the big screen. Did I mention that big screen is already purchased and has replaced our computer on the desk in the den. I have to say it is pretty nice, flat screen HD. We watched a movie the other night and I swear you could count the pores on the actors face. Ah well, it will all be over in January and I'll have him all to myself. For now, I'll bring the beer and the snacks , sit beside him on the couch and shout with him at the TV. I love that man of mine.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Aaron joined one finally. Just one, though. I'm right there with you. Every Steelers game, David has his own jersey (a total of 4 all together) to wear and Aaron puts on a vintage(yes vintage) Steelers t-shirt. I have my own boys size jersey to rock as well. And David tackles us as he watched the game with his daddy. Fun, Fun :)
By the way check out the new pic on Kate's page. You look really pretty in it. love you.

Kate said...

I think the trophy makes a lovely acccent piece to your home.