Friday, August 3, 2007

C'est bon etre `a la maison





Well it is good to be home. My daughter and I returned from France about a week ago. We had a great time. France is a beautiful country with lots and lots to see. My favorite place was a town called Annecy. Nestled at the base of the Alps on a glacial lake, this town is the epitome of European charisma. Tiny crooked streets wound through beautiful, centuries-old buildings. I am an absolute romantic and love European history and culture, so this was a real treat for me. If you're ever in France, make sure you check it out.
While the scenery was definitely great, spending time with my sister and her family was the best part of the trip. She found us these beautiful gites (sort of condo-like) located in the magnificent Alps. I savored every moment I had to hug, squeeze, talk, and make memories. They leave for Africa in October and it will probably be about 2 1/2 years before I get the chance to love on them again. I love you Kirsten and Steve and all my little dumplings. I miss you desperately.
I'll write more about our adventure later, but for now here is a picture of my dream town, and a few of my little sweeties.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Lets go back.

Kirsten said...

I agree with Mom. Glad you loved Annecy. I think it's my favorite too. Miss you guys bunches. Got your carseat ok?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lane. What a great picture of Annecy. It makes me want to go there right now! And the picture of the babies kissing - too sweet.
I hear Layla is quite the talker - Can you bring her here to give Malachi some lessons?(and he can reciprocate by teaching her to do crazy stunts like dive headfirst into the pool, climb things and balance on one toe..)
See ya one of these days -
Joanne