Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mothers & Daughters


My awesome parents do foster care. That's how they acquired me and that's how they have acquired the two newest editions to our family. If you read my mom's blog, then you know the younger of the two sweeties has a few handicaps. Little guy is adorable and his big sis is so dear. We recently tried an outing together with everyone. If you read Poppa's blog then you will know it was a total disaster. If my almost two-year-old wasn't flippin' out then little guy was. At one point we were all strolling through the mall with little dude hanging upside down flailing and my daughter arching her back and kicking. You could feel the judgements being cast down on us by onlookers. However, we remained totally cool. After watching my mom with kids for years, I've learned a thing or two. She is totally calm and patient, loving, and warm. Even if she's ready to tear her hair out on the inside, she rarely shows it. Thank you Kate for teaching me what is truly important when it comes to children. Now that Layla is approaching the "terrible twos" I'll need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Thank you for being my daughter and loving me. I was just a teenie bit down tonight(like crying in the car all the way to pick up chicken boy).

Anonymous said...

Next time invite me - Malachi's high pitched screams and escape from the cart antics are just what you guys need for a perfect outing.