Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Faker!!


I was at work yesterday when I got the call..."Hi Lane this is Trena, (daycare director)" "Hi Trena is everything OK?" (they never call unless something is wrong) "Well Lauren has a temp that's just about 101 and we wanted to let you know" "Does that mean I need to come get her?" "Well yes it's a licensing regulation for anything above 101." "OK, let me see what I can do." So I was calling the available people I thought might be able to pick her up, but there was no luck. Josh was stuck at work. So I called everybody in my work directory that might come in and relieve me. No luck! I finally found someone to cover and I rushed over to get her. She was sound asleep, and felt only a little warm when I picked her up. They said she had been fussy and I can relate she woke me three times the previous night. They handed me her activity sheet temp was 100.9 so we said goodbye and headed home. On the way home (I grabbed Layla too) Layla was making her crack up! I mean gut-busting laughs. I'm thinkin' this kid isn't acting very sick. We get home, I check the temp. NO FEVER! and she's as content as can be. OK, maybe the fever broke. I check her temp about a hundred times the rest of the day.... NO FEVER! I was feeling frustrated to say the least. I had now just depleted what little paid leave I had earned back from maternity leave and left my BUSY unit for nothing. Oh well, better safe than sorry and if it gave me more time with my precious angel so be it. I ask you though, does this baby look sick?? I didn't think so either.

1 comment:

Kate said...

That is the most adorable picture of miss Lauren Ever!!