Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little White Lies

So the other night, while I was preoccupied with the baby, I noticed it was awfully quite downstairs. I called down to Layla and asked her what she was doing. "I'm looking at the computer." was her reply. However, when I came downstairs I found a barstool strategically placed near the kitchen counter, and a bowel out next to the now 2 remaining powdered donuts. When I called Layla into the room, the evidence was all around her mouth. A white powdered ring of guilt. She smiled at me and said, "what mom?" After questioning the accused, she confessed to the crime. My mom tells me that toddlers/pre-schoolers are good practice for teens. At this rate, I'm going to need a lot of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..at least yours is still small enough to realize she should fess up! Lets put her and Ryan together, I bet they could come up with some real doosies!!!

Kate said...

Toddlers faces are so much more adorable than teens when they lie.