Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's A...........

Well we went to the doctor today for the big ultrasound. I have to say I was really sort of confident about the sex. I remember when I was pregnant with our daughter, the first dream I had of the baby was that it was a girl. So I was pretty sure that my instincts were right about this one and walked into the ultrasound thinking I already knew what was coming. Wrong! We started the scan with the general measurements the doctor has to have to make sure everything is in order. Then we moved to the gender. Josh, who works down the street, came in just in time to find out he's going to have to pay for two weddings. I have to say there may have been a split second of shock immediately followed by elation. I guess I can throw those instincts out the window. Now we can really get excited about planning. Josh is relieved that the clothes shopping for this one will be minimal. And he's already talking about girls softball, but fearing punk boyfriends and PMS. Even though he'll be out numbered, there's nothing cuter than a Dad with his little girls.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Grandma Kate can't wait to have another perfect granddaughter!

Kirsten said...

Yay!!!! I'm so excited for you. Looks like chocolate brown and pink for the nursery, eh? I love you, Laneypoo!

Anonymous said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! That is so incredibly awesome, although I must say I'm bummed not to have a "Jagger" on the way, haha, j/k. You and Josh are such wonderful parents already to the most beautiful cutest adorablest cutie in the world, so this new bundle of joy is super lucky! She will be just as beautiful as Layla. Oh I'm sssooo excited for you guys!!!